About Me

My photo
I am collecting Indian Heritage and culture related vintage postcards, paintings, prints etc. and exhibited them at several locations across India in various events and also sharing them with school and college children by giving presentations to them on Indian Heritage and Culture with my collections and also documenting puppetry etc. intangible performances.

Monday 18 March 2013

Hindu Mythology Vintage Bazar Postcards

These are 6 different  Hindu Mythology Vintage Bazar Postcards in my collection. 

These Bazar postcards used between the year 1901 to 1910. People during that era used these type postcards very frequently for communication purpose. Due to this reason these postcards are called and popularly known as Bazar cards or Bazar post cards. Several persons particularly many business people printed and used these Bazar cards for their business purpose. Normal people also used these post cards during that era. 

Usually these post cards are came with many images of several themes and all of them cancelled with the stamp of King Edward and these bazar cards used from 1901 to 1910.

Please look into the artistic talent & picture quality of these bazar postcards of 100 years back between 1901 to 1910 years.

This is Srirama Pattabhishekham mythological bazar card in my collection.




This is Rama Sita and Laxmana during Vanavasa period bazar card in my collection.



This is Lord Rama and Sita bazar card in my collection.



This is Lord Shiva and family members bazar card in my collection.


This is Lord Shiva with Ganga maatha bazar card in my collection.


This is Lord Shiva with young Ganesha mythological bazar card in my collection.





2 comments:

  1. Mr. Srinivasu...you have a wonderful blog. I want to thank you for sharing your beautiful collection with us. I have gone through couple of vintage posts... gorgeous images.Keep up the good work.

    Regards
    Deepika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection I want to have it Can you suggest where I can get the same ?

    Avinash

    ReplyDelete